Monday 15 December 2014

The Year of the Travelling Filofax

During my teenage years The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants was one of my favourite book and film series; it was my go to film when I was feeling a little down. I loved the idea of this old pair of jeans, somehow fitting everyone of the girls and helping them through both of their highs and their lows.

I was lying awake in bed the other night and an idea occurred to me, at first I decided that I was mad and rolled over and went to sleep but I couldn't get it out of my mind over the next few days and so I have decide to try it!

So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you: The year of the travelling Filofax!



Now apologies for the quality of these photos, I took them in the evening as I was so eager to get this post up, what with the end of the year fast approaching (seriously, where did 2014 go?!). The Filofax that will be host to this is the Personal Holborn in brown- what will be inside it?

This is the fun part, I am starting the Filofax out with very few inserts, my intention is for this to be a starting point. I am excited to see what the participants will add (or remove) to the Filofax as it makes it journey around.


The starting point will be a zippered pouch, clear fly leaf, 2015 week on two pages diary inserts and some lined notepaper.

So what are the rules for taking part? There really aren't very many but just to be on the safe side, these are the following conditions:

1. To be able to participate in this then you must email theuniversityffproject@gmail.com by midnight on 31st December 2014 and indicate any planned holidays/vacations or other events which mean that you will be unavailable to receive the Filofax or post it on. Please also include your postal address.
2. You must not remove or tamper with the contributions anyone else has added to the Filofax prior to you receiving it. 
3. It would be appreciated if you sent an email to theuniversityffproject@gmail.com stating that you have received the Filofax and when you have posted it so that its movement can be tracked. 
4. The University Project cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to the Filofax should it be lost in the mail at some point during its journey. Reasonable efforts will be taken to retrieve the Filofax should such an instance arise. 
5. Places will be filled on a first come first serve basis and the posting schedule (TBC) must be adhered to where possible. 
6. Participants must be willing to pay the postage costs and be aware that at times it may be necessary to post the Filofax internationally. (If you would like to take part but cannot afford international postage then please indicate this in your email and efforts will be taken to try and provide you with an in country pass on, but this cannot be guaranteed). 
7. The Year of the Travelling Filofax is open to participants worldwide. 
8. Any blog posts or YouTube videos which feature the Filofax must be sent to theuniversityffproject@gmail.com so that they can also be shared on this blog. 

So that is the boring part over with! I will keep the Filofax with me for the first week of January 2015 and then post onto the next participant in the list (TBA). I can't wait to see who wants to take part and where this Filofax will travel, what will be added to it, what adventures it will go through- I am really excited about seeing this unfold and I hope that you are too!

Please get in touch ASAP if you would like to take part, places will be filled on a first come, first served basis! 




1 comment:

  1. I was looking for updates on how this was going. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete