Monday 21 July 2014

RECIPE: Chocolate Raspberry Cake

Those of you who saw my work experience post may have noticed the chocolate cake I baked whilst staying with my friend and her family. It was one of the nicest cakes that I have had in a while (if I do say so myself!!) and I am excited to share the recipe with you all as it is SO simple to make. 


You will need:

200g flour
200g soft brown sugar
200g butter or margarine
4 eggs
4 tsp cocoa powder
Tsp baking powder
Bar of milk chocolate
Bar of dark chocolate
Punnet of raspberries


Put the flour, sugar, eggs and margarine all in a bowl and whisk/beat together until it is smooth and resembles cake mixture! Add in the cocoa powder and mix again. Split the mixture between two greased and lined cake tins and pop into a preheated oven circa 180 degrees for 25 minutes (or until you smell the lovely cake smell coming from the kitchen and pop back into check it). To check if the cake is cooked, insert a skewer and it should come out clean (aka no mixture on it!).

After the cakes are out of the oven and cooling melt the two bars of chocolate. Then, after setting aside some raspberries for decoration, mash up the rest of the punnet in a bowl.

Once the two cakes are cooled, sandwich together using your mashed up raspberry concoction, cover it in chocolate, then pop some raspberries on top to impress your friends and family. 

As I made this cake at my friends house I sadly don't have pictures of every step but I do have some lovely finished product pictures for you!




Be sure to let me know if you make this yourself! 

Bloglovin / TwitterInstagramPinterest / YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment